Live the Panama Canal experience at the Miraflores Visitor Center, which after almost 100 years still fascinates the world.
Under the same roof, learn about the past, present and future of this marvel of modern engineering that unites the world by connecting the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean.
The Miraflores Visitor Center is the perfect place to witness how the Panama Canal works. From the observation decks, visitors may watch the lock gates open and close as vessels begin or end their transit.
Four exhibition halls, organized by theme, are the heart of the Miraflores Visitor Center. Through these exhibitions, you can learn about the Panama Canal’s history, its impact on international trade, how it works, its close relationship with nature and the Canal Expansion. A 3D movie portrays the story of the waterway.
Enjoy lunch or dinner while living the Panama Canal experience from the Miraflores Restaurant located on the second floor.
The Miraflores Visitor Center also has two snack bars, a gift shop and a banquet hall for special events.
- Monday – Sunday (holidays included) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The restaurant is open until 11 p.m.
- Tickets are available from 9 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. only
- The tour is aprox. 2 hours long
- All entrances in the Visitor Center are wheelchair accessible
- For more information call +507 276-8325 or email firstname.lastname@example.org